Starting 2021 with some good news, we can announce that, through our partnerships with several non-profit environmental organizations, we have now planted over 500,000 trees worldwide. Over the next 40 years, those trees will sequester half a million tons of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere.
As part of our One Tree One Planet initiative, we’ve partnered with the sustainable agriculture nonprofit Trees for the Future (TREES). TREES recently reached their own incredible milestone; planting more than 200 million trees worldwide. Over the last three decades, tens of thousands of farmers have planted trees on their land through agroforestry training provided by TREES.
500,000 trees planted and more to come.
The initiative comes as part of our three-point plan to protect the natural environment, contribute to local communities, and encourage more sustainable business practices. This action is part of a global push to increase corporate accountability and reduce businesses’ collective carbon footprint.
Customers are immediately added to our tree planting index when they sign up. A tree is planted on their behalf every month, at no cost to the customer. The initiative has so far contributed to reforestation programs across the world; from the Amazon rainforest to the bushlands of Ghana to the national parks of the United States, to the endangered habitats of northeast Australia.
Actions to help protect the planet.
- Humans are responsible for the loss of 83% of wild mammals and half the world’s plants
- 290 million hectares of native forest cover lost between 1990-2015 due to clearing and wood harvesting
- 15 billion trees cut down annually.
- There has been a 46% fall in global tree count since the beginning of human civilization.
How we can help:
- Over the course of a lifetime, 1000 trees can absorb over one million pounds of CO₂.
- Just one young tree can absorb 26 pounds of CO₂ per year.
- One young tree has the net cooling effect equivalent to ten room-sized air conditioners operating 20 hours a day.
AnswerConnect CEO Natalie Ruiz said: “At AnswerConnect, we have always been passionate about giving back. We are serious about making a positive impact on people’s lives and our planet. This milestone shows it is possible when businesses have a purpose. Each of our clients plays a role in making this positive impact, and we are grateful for their on-going partnership.”
In 2021, businesses need to prioritize the triple bottom line – profit, people, and planet. In conjunction with our virtual support services – aiming to eliminate unnecessary travel – our commitment is to help the planet, one tree at a time.
Give us a call at 800-700-8888 to find out more.